Comment on page
DRAFT COLLARQUEST DOCS - SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
CollarQuest a Metaverse Play2Earn Ecosystem
- CollarQuest is a new type of game that rewards players for the time and effort they spend both playing the game and growing the ecosystem.
- CollarQuest has a 100% player-owned, real money economy. Rather than selling game items or copies, the CollarQuest DAO focus is on growing the player-to-player economy and taking small fees to monetize. SPARC-E are created by players using in-game resources (TAG & GeM) and sold to new/other players. You can think of CollarQuest as a nation with a real economy. The holders of the TAG token are the government DAO voting power over the CollarQuest ecosystem.
- Game resources and items are tokenized, meaning they can be sold to anyone, anywhere on open peer-to-peer markets.
SPARC-E population growth is a major factor within the CollarQuest ecosystem. At any given moment, there exists some ideal inflation rate that allows us to grow to our maximum potential. Too slow and COLLAR, TAG, GeM prices are too high for everyday people to join; especially competitive SPARC-E. Too fast and you get unhealthy inflation.
Long term SPARC-E population management relies on:
- Adding additional utility to CollarQuest through new experiences such as land, mini-games. This also adds utility to SPARC-E beyond their effectiveness in fleeting metas.
- Adding vertical, rather than purely horizontal progression. Right now in order to progress the main path that people take is by expanding the size of their collection. This dynamic is not optimal long term. In the long run there will be upgrades to both SPARC-E AND Land that will require crafting ingredients. SPARC-E themselves may be “released” to obtain these crafting ingredients. This creates a long term supply sink to the SPARC-E population. SPARC-E progression is coming in the future, and it promises to create a much stronger bond between trainers and the SPARC-E they choose to upgrade.
- Ingame only Assets, aka non-transferable abilities, that are competitive in the arena will allow anyone to compete and have fun. Earning potential for these assets should be zero or close to zero; meaning that of course demand will remain for strong “real” battle SPARC-E. Also keep in mind that demand for SPARC-E is ultimately what also drives demand for GeM (and TAG), so creating more reasons to own SPARC-E and making it easier for us to grow are important in a healthy economy.
Transitioning from Growth-Dependency Using Network Strength
In the beginning, the CollarQuest economy will be dependent on growth and new entrants. New players require SPARC-E to get started, SPARC-Es price and breeding profitability will be determined by the demand from these prospective CollarQuest players. This is much like any startup, growth is necessary for the early days.
However, as the size and strength of the CollarQuest network grows there will increasingly be new sources of external capital into the ecosystem such as:
- Advertising fees and sponsorships. Many projects are already eager to distribute rewards and tokens to the CollarQuest economy. The CollarQuest community of people who do understand how to use Blockchain technology works in the world; there is immense value in advertising to a community like this.
- Nonprofit organizations will be a major source of SPARC-E demand and to pour capital from donors into our ecosystem with no expectation of return; only the will to do good.
- Government donations and grants. CollarQuest is well poised to become a laboratory for Universal basic income experiments.
It's also important to note that many CollarQuest players will see SPARC-E as a fun game and a social community to meet friends. Players value the fun and relationships that they make through the CollarQuest ecosystem.
There are other types of value that CollarQuest players gain through their journey such as:
- Joy of owning a SPARC-E.
- Fun, rest, and relaxation.
- Making friends and finding business partners/mentors.
- Learning how to use important new technology. There's no need for paid "blockchain classes".